Do you have a special occasion or a craving for chocolate?
We bring you a recipe that you will make again and again.
It's one of the easiest cakes you could possibly find and the best thing about it is that there's no flour or sugar in it. Chocolate, eggs and organic erythritol, nothing else.
The result is a super fluffy sponge cake, with lots of chocolate flavor and that won't take you more than 10 minutes.
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Chop and melt the chocolate. You can melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave or with a pan of hot water in a bain-marie. If you melt it in the microwave, it is best to set the power to defrost and stir the chocolate every minute or so.
- Add the erythritol to the egg whites and beat until stiff. Set aside.
- Add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate one at a time*. *Tip: To make it fluffier you can also whip the 4 egg yolks. Always separate them from the egg whites. If you whip the egg yolks in addition to the egg whites, add them in the same way as in step 5, first the whipped yolks and then the egg whites.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the chocolate and egg yolk mixture. Ideally, do not fold in the egg whites all at once, it is easier to do it three times.
- When the batter is smooth and all the ingredients are well incorporated, pour into a baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Place the mould in the oven preheated to 170ºC and bake for 20-25 minutes. The sponge cake will be ready when a toothpick or a thin knife comes out clean when pierced with the tip of a toothpick or a thin knife.
- Leave to cool.
There are many options to accompany this sponge cake. Some very cold whipped cream with organic erythritol is ideal. You can also use any natural red fruit or chopped nuts.